Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: catchall on January 07, 2011, 08:45:12 pm

Title: Which printers don't use pizza (star) wheels?
Post by: catchall on January 07, 2011, 08:45:12 pm
I tried out a friend's 4900 and the pizza wheel marks on H Photo Rag Baryta sheets were unacceptable -- no matter if they were fed from the cassette tray or from the top loader. Another friend has a Canon 5100 and it also shows pizza wheel marks on this paper. Of course the 3800 and 4800 series printers all have this problem in varying degrees.

Which printers don't use pizza wheels? 7900/9900s? Any others?

Thanks in advance.
Title: Re: Which printers don't use pizza (star) wheels?
Post by: JonathanRussell on January 07, 2011, 09:49:52 pm
Canon x300 printers do not. I have an ipf 6350.
Title: Re: Which printers don't use pizza (star) wheels?
Post by: catchall on January 07, 2011, 10:58:45 pm
Hmmm.... I have a friend that has a Canon 6300 and it does have pizza wheels, though I have yet to see evidence of them on Museo Silver Rag and H Photo Rag Baryta.
Title: Re: Which printers don't use pizza (star) wheels?
Post by: stamper on January 08, 2011, 06:42:33 am
What distance are you viewing the images at? Is it arms length or is your nose against the paper?
Title: Re: Which printers don't use pizza (star) wheels?
Post by: JohnBrew on January 08, 2011, 07:31:58 am
I've never had a problem (like this) with my 3800. Perhaps you need to set the gap a bit wider?
Title: Re: Which printers don't use pizza (star) wheels?
Post by: PeterAit on January 08, 2011, 08:22:36 am
Huh? I have a 4880 and have never seen a single wheel mark on any print, sheet-fed or roll.
Title: Re: Which printers don't use pizza (star) wheels?
Post by: Randy Carone on January 08, 2011, 11:05:15 am
I have the same flawless prints on my 3800, which is a refurb.