Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: sm906 on January 05, 2011, 01:05:37 pm
-
Hi,
I have the oppertunity to obtain Lumijet Classic Velour and Museum Parchment for a very reasonable price (sell out of 24" rolls). Since I do not have any experience with these papers: Do some of you have? And to which other more or less known papers are they alike?
Thomas
-
My experience: HELL. Can I say that? :D
Seriously though... first, I hate it, and second, why would you buy any paper you've not tested and tried, no matter how cheap the price? Paper is like wine...
-
.... Paper is like wine...
Not quite. The cheap/bad paper still remains an exercise in frustration from the beginning of the roll to the end... Keep drinking the bad/cheap wine and it doesn't taste so bad after a few glasses/bottles...
;D
-
Not quite. The cheap/bad paper still remains an exercise in frustration from the beginning of the roll to the end... Keep drinking the bad/cheap wine and it doesn't taste so bad after a few glasses/bottles...
;D
nicely played, my friend, nicely played... :D
-
Keep drinking the bad/cheap wine and it doesn't taste so bad after a few glasses/bottles...
;D
By the time you learned to drink it and get the taste for it the vineyard may be ploughed under. As I understand it Lumijet White Velvet is still stocked on big rolls but no longer manufactured, the other varieties not even stocked anymore at HM. The reason why I removed all Lumijet qualities but the White Velvet from SpectrumViz.
met vriendelijke groeten, Ernst Dinkla
New: Spectral plots of +190 inkjet papers:
http://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
-
Paper is like wine...
Good to know we all like wine, especially the good ones! But, you know, me personally I do not only drink the Chateaux Petrus, not only because of the money...there are too much "little" wines out there worth the tasting and probably drinking.
If I got Ernst right, at least the Velvet is worth a try? Even if the bottles will be empty some day, who cares.
Thomas
-
If I got Ernst right, at least the Velvet is worth a try?
...not sure how you get that conclusion, but whatever makes you happy! ::)