Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: bigstu on January 04, 2011, 12:14:08 am
-
Any body using a sliding back on an Arca R series? Which back do you prefer, and why do you use it?
Thanks
-
i have both... the kapture is more compact, but the rotaslide with the bino offers a better confort in viewing... but really cumbersome.
with the kapture you need a rmfx finder, but you can't adapt the angle of the mirror... so times it becomes dark !
arca swiss should offer a need smaller monocular...
the rotaslide have a larger screen, so if you are stitching, you can compose the full image !
-
Same here, I use both on the R. I find I reach for the Kapture Group more often, just cuz it's smaller.
-
I am interested in the comment about stitching and being able to compose the whole image. Does the Kapture Group sliding back not allow visualization of the entire image if it is being stitched?
Thanks
-
on the Kapture group, the screen is only 55x55... i'm using an aptus 22 in vertical position, twice the surface is 48x72mm
and sometimes i also use 36x72mm
-
Yeah, the Rotaslide has a much larger groundglass at 6x9.
-
So in real practice, does the smaller frame on the Kapture group device inhibit your work? I use a Canon with TS-E lenses and am used to only seeing the part of the frame that is being captured rather than something larger like on the Rota-slide.