Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: deeyas on January 01, 2011, 06:16:16 pm

Title: New Year's Eve
Post by: deeyas on January 01, 2011, 06:16:16 pm
Came across this scene and thought it was interesting. I may have butchered the shot in Lightroom; here is a link to the RAW file (https://files.me.com/deeyas/rapjm7) if you'd like to play with it. Any suggestions on composition/processing?

(https://files.me.com/deeyas/jfkcux)
Title: Re: New Year's Eve
Post by: aduke on January 01, 2011, 07:49:02 pm
I did play with this some, got nothing worth showing. But I found that by brightening the exterior of the building, one could see some nice patterns of branches and their shadows.

Thanks for showing and allowing the download.

Alan
Title: Re: New Year's Eve
Post by: popnfresh on January 02, 2011, 12:20:58 pm
It was a difficult exposure situation, but I think you did well under the circumstances. There's just enough low-level detail in most of the exterior area. Overall, I rather like this photo. It looks classy and IMO could be used in a brochure for the hotel (or whatever it is).
Title: Re: New Year's Eve
Post by: Bruce Cox on January 02, 2011, 07:07:47 pm
My take on it is not very imaginative, but I like your picture.  Bruce
Title: Re: New Year's Eve
Post by: Griffin Friedman on January 05, 2011, 12:04:52 pm
I like it. The raw conversion and cropping is better than anything I could come up with. Is this the Sir Walter in downtown Raleigh, NC?
Title: Re: New Year's Eve
Post by: deeyas on January 05, 2011, 11:05:43 pm
Thanks for the comments and suggestions!

Griffin, yes, this is the Sir Walter building in Raleigh.