Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on January 01, 2011, 11:21:09 am

Title: Under the Bridge
Post by: Rob C on January 01, 2011, 11:21:09 am
Michael, you have entered Old Master territory.

I didn't know you'd had an education in classical art. But then, there are lots of things I don't know, so let's not worry about detail: congrats on a great shot with lashings of emotional content.

Rob C
Title: Re: Under the Bridge
Post by: michael on January 01, 2011, 01:51:20 pm
Old, yes. Master, well not so much.

I don't have a formal art education, but I also don't believe that one can be any type of artist without a knowledge of what's come before. Not just in photography either, but all related art forms.

In any event, my wife was trained as an art historian, so I blame it all on her.  :)

Michael
Title: Re: Under the Bridge
Post by: dreed on January 01, 2011, 10:06:18 pm
Michael, quite a number of the photographs that you've put on LL website over the years have used people as the subject but my recollection is that very few of them have been from North America. The photo of the Amish, on a foggy morning strikes me as one... is this a conscious decision on your part? Or is it something simpler, such as the lifestyle there being less amenable to such photography?