Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Kees Sprengers on January 01, 2011, 12:15:33 am
-
I just installed LR 3.3, upgrading from 2.2
using a 3800 (actually it is called 3850 here).
Have a problem I occasionally had with 2.2, but now constantly with 3.3
Going into Print module, set page setup to rear slot hand loaded A3 because I want to use Epson Velvet paper, one of my favourites.
Then click Print settings, click the arrow next to Layout to select my colour matching option. It should then give me a choice of paper profiles to choose from or Automatic. It doesn't, it just reads Colour matching, and has two grey (Non active) choices Colour Sync and Epson colour controls, with indication the first choice is chosen.
When same happens in LR2, I back out of Print module, by selecting Library module, then back to Print Module, Print settings, and go through the same routine, it will show the range of paper profiles to choose from.
Try this in LR3, it brings me back to the Colour matching - no choices place.
What am I missing?
I am downloading Michael&Jeff's excellent video, but it takes hours on a slow connection, and I haven't found the answer yet.
-
I just installed LR 3.3, upgrading from 2.2
using a 3800 (actually it is called 3850 here).
Have a problem I occasionally had with 2.2, but now constantly with 3.3
......
What am I missing?
...
Well, first of all, you have to tell us what operating system you´re using.... ;)
-
OSX 10.5.8
-
OK, almost thought it was a Mac; there have been numerous problems with Epson pro printers.
Yours sounds familiar; at one time Apple´s Software Update system had a 3800 ´update´ that disastrously threw out the proper drivers and used the GutenPrint drivers that come with the OS, and are ´simplified´, to use a kind word for drugstore print quality level...
You´ll find threads about it here, in the Printing forum (many mention Snow Leopard, but the main procedure will get you through with 1.5 too). Also, here are some useful links that I collected when I had the same problem:
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supAdvice.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&type=highlights¬eoid=142167
http://discussions.info.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=2250946&tstart=59
http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?messageID=10080574&
http://macperformanceguide.com/SnowLeopard-Printing.html
http://diode.tv/blog/2009/09/11/of-snow-leopard-aperture-and-epson/
You do have some work ahead, but things will be sorted out finally.... :)