Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Bill Jaynes on December 31, 2010, 04:05:02 pm

Title: Need to unclog both magenta line in a 4880
Post by: Bill Jaynes on December 31, 2010, 04:05:02 pm
Is there a way to force clean just two of the 8 colors on a 4880? Repeat cleanings leave them both printing white patches instead of the color line pattern.
Title: Re: Need to unclog both magenta line in a 4880
Post by: MichaelWorley on January 02, 2011, 03:43:53 pm

I'm not familiar with the innerds of a 4880, but a method is described at the following link that sounds just like what I used to free up a dried-up 2400 once:

http://churchillphotographer.blogspot.com/2008/02/epson-4800-puddle-method-for-clearing.html

One of the tools the author lists is a "torch." If you're American, keep in mind that the author is a Brit. So no flames are involved, just a flashlight.

Hope this helps.

Mike

Title: Re: Need to unclog both magenta line in a 4880
Post by: langier on January 04, 2011, 12:20:35 pm
Have you tried pulling the carts, shaking them and reinserting?

I had a similar problem last night with my 4000. The day before prints were perfect. Yesterday, the first print out had no cyan or yellow. I pulled the carts and shook them and it still took three auto cleaning cycles to fix it but it's back to normal and will be fine for a few weeks again, I hope.