Luminous Landscape Forum
The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ari N on December 31, 2010, 02:51:40 pm
-
This is an afternoon shot from last summer.
http://personal.inet.fi/koti/ajnousiainen/photography/english/photography.html
-
I like the sky, the textures in the water, the rocks and the light. The only thing I'm not sure about is that clump of sea grass in the foreground.
-
Well, on one hand it could be seen as distracting, but on the other hand it does emphasize the sense of movement suggested by the moving water. I like it.
Mike.
-
Well, on one hand it could be seen as distracting, but on the other hand it does emphasize the sense of movement suggested by the moving water. I like it.
Mike.
+1
-
I like the sky, the textures in the water, the rocks and the light. The only thing I'm not sure about is that clump of sea grass in the foreground.
I agree. Obviously it isn't but it looks somehow out of place.
Jeremy
-
Certainly a pleasing photo Ari. And I like it too. I'm wondering about the foreground. Perhaps what is throwing the eye off for some is that it is half water/ half grass. Perhaps more prominence given to the grass, or water, would have been more pleasing to the eye. But it's just me wondering.
-
Good image, I especially like how you have captured the movement in the water, but I think the reason the image might look a little unbalanced to the previous viewers, is that the bottom left hand corner third seems to me to be about a stop or two darker than the rest of the image and so draws the viewers eyes straight into it.
Try lightening that part of the image to balance the light across the scene more evenly and I would even go that bit further and also bring out the colour of the grass/seaweed to make it a feature the viewers eye can rest on, rather than being half hidden by the darkness of the water.
Photobloke