Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: ronkruger on December 31, 2010, 12:36:00 am

Title: Marble Creek Fisheye
Post by: ronkruger on December 31, 2010, 12:36:00 am
I'm testing a fisheye lens. These are some of my first images. Any hints or suggestions?
Title: Re: Marble Creek Fisheye
Post by: jeremypayne on December 31, 2010, 08:38:59 am
Use it to get close to big stuff.
Title: Re: Marble Creek Fisheye
Post by: Chris_Brown on December 31, 2010, 11:29:55 am
I'm testing a fisheye lens. These are some of my first images. Any hints or suggestions?

Take a series of images of varying subjects while keeping the horizon line flat & straight. Use this as a starting point to get a feel for its distortion. If you have a water housing for your body + lens, underwater pics are great 'cuz there's no horizon line. Examples here (http://www.uwphotographyguide.com/fisheye-lenses-underwater).
Title: Re: Marble Creek Fisheye
Post by: ronkruger on December 31, 2010, 01:55:44 pm
Thanks Jeremy--basically I'm looking at a fisheye for special effects on a close, central subject. Once I decide on a lens, I'll use it in tight quarters. I have a 15mm I use for landscapes.
Great article, Chris. I started playing around underwater with a P&S last year and fell in love with it. The wide end of it has a fisheye effect.