Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on December 27, 2010, 09:49:26 pm

Title: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: Michael West on December 27, 2010, 09:49:26 pm

(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5082/5298909168_f5d1b425d0_o.jpg)
 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/5298909168/)
Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: xwray on January 08, 2011, 01:21:15 pm
I like the colors. This could be a much more interesting photograph if there was more visual information amplifying it's "fenceiness" context.
Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: stamper on January 09, 2011, 04:39:12 am
Would you care to define what "fenceiness" is? Couldn't find the meaning. :)
Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: Rob C on January 09, 2011, 05:04:54 am
Would you care to define what "fenceiness" is? Couldn't find the meaning. :)




Just drop the middle e and it becomes as clear as mud.

Rob C
Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: xwray on January 09, 2011, 04:44:21 pm
Would you care to define what "fenceiness" is? Couldn't find the meaning. :)

I'ts just a word I made up (thus the quotes)...apparently the fence was supposed to be the center of attention...I thought the photo would be more meaningful if there was more in it that depicted the fence and what it was fencing in or fencing out...it's fenciness.
Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: Richowens on January 09, 2011, 05:38:54 pm
Look again, the fence boards are skis. The whole fence is eclectic..........a bit of this.....a bit of that. Decorated with lghts and tinsel and garland.
Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: stamper on January 10, 2011, 04:08:24 am
I reckon it is more of a juxtaposition? Nothing really to do with a fence. Contrasting elements? :)
Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: Michael West on January 10, 2011, 09:03:54 pm
I reckon it is more of a juxtaposition? Nothing really to do with a fence. Contrasting elements? :)

The collection of SKIS are the fence.

Other perspectives should be forthcoming as the house which hosts what is likely one of the few ski fences in the world is very near my home.

Title: Re: Rudy's Eccentric Fence
Post by: ronkruger on January 16, 2011, 11:28:39 pm
This is an interesting photo. I think you should do more.