Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: BradSmith on December 24, 2010, 04:29:02 pm

Title: How Can I Identify LR image files with lost Associations?
Post by: BradSmith on December 24, 2010, 04:29:02 pm
I want to go through my big catalog and try to fix all of the lost file associations that I've caused through intermittent bad behavior of moving image files through my operating system rather than through LR.    Do I have a way of having LR show me all the files in my catalog which have lost their association with the actual file on my HD's?  I couldn't find a search or find or Smart Catalog criteria to find this "dis-associated" files. 

I keep coming across them as I work on old images, and my blood pressure goes up each time I find one.  I'd like to deal with them at one long sitting.

thanks
Brad
Title: Re: How Can I Identify LR image files with lost Associations?
Post by: MBehrens on December 25, 2010, 11:07:23 am
Library Module. Library Menu - Find Missing Photos
Creates a Catalog collection "Missing Photographs"
Title: Re: How Can I Identify LR image files with lost Associations?
Post by: BradSmith on December 26, 2010, 11:28:41 pm
I'm using LR 2.6 and in the Library Module, under the Library Menu, there is no "Find Missing Photos" command.  Maybe that's in LR3?????

______________
"Library Module. Library Menu - Find Missing Photos
Creates a Catalog collection "Missing Photographs"
Title: Re: How Can I Identify LR image files with lost Associations?
Post by: MBehrens on December 29, 2010, 09:38:58 pm
Yeah, sorry. I'm on 3.3. A lot of good reasons to upgrade...