Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: BradSmith on December 22, 2010, 06:03:59 pm

Title: Epson 3800 - How to Interpret a Cleaning Report
Post by: BradSmith on December 22, 2010, 06:03:59 pm
I just did an auto head cleaning of my Epson 3800.  It seemed like it went through several cycles over about a 4 or 5 minute time period, so I manually halted the cleaning.  I then got the following printed out on a report.   
 
Version         : o01393-1.01800E
Maintenance Cartridge:    45%
Cur.InkCount   :    237.5ml    Pre.InkCount   :    20.0ml       C-P:     217.5ml

Then I did a nozzle check which printed OK (as did follow-up prints).  Following the nozzle check pattern on the test sheet, it printed another report.       First two lines were the same as above.   In the 3rd line, Cur. and Pre. were both at 237.5ml.   and C-P was zero ml.

I don't know how to interpret the 3rd line.

thanks
Brad
Title: Re: Epson 3800 - How to Interpret a Cleaning Report
Post by: BradSmith on December 26, 2010, 11:35:56 pm
Does the info I provided from the cleaning report for my Epson 3800 look at all similar to those of you with the larger pro epsons?

Brad
Title: Re: Epson 3800 - How to Interpret a Cleaning Report
Post by: aduke on December 27, 2010, 12:08:28 am
Does the info I provided from the cleaning report for my Epson 3800 look at all similar to those of you with the larger pro epsons?

Brad

It does resemble some reports from the 4880. I believe that Cur.Ink is the amount of ink currently in the cartridges ( i.e., the sum of the content of all of them), Pre. Ink is the amount contained before this last operation, C-P is the difference, Current - Previous.

Your numbers don't actually add up in the order given, so its highly possible that I'm confused.

Alan
Title: Re: Epson 3800 - How to Interpret a Cleaning Report
Post by: BradSmith on December 27, 2010, 12:23:35 pm
Alan,
I interpreted the abbreviations just like you did, but the values then didn't make any sense.  That's why I had asked.
Brad
Title: Re: Epson 3800 - How to Interpret a Cleaning Report
Post by: RHPS on December 27, 2010, 12:31:21 pm
I think it reports ink usage between nozzle checks (reports). Slightly confusingly, "count" means usage - how much in has gone through the machine in total. Current on one test becomes Previous on the next. Doing a nozzle check does not itself use any significant quantity of ink, so the usage before and after the nozzle check is effectively identical. If you were to run a print and then do another nozzle check the C-P number would tell you how much ink was used on the print.
Title: Re: Epson 3800 - How to Interpret a Cleaning Report
Post by: Farmer on December 27, 2010, 04:06:29 pm
As you "manually" stopped the cleaning (I don't know how you did that), I suspect the numbers are not accurate or useful.
Title: Re: Epson 3800 - How to Interpret a Cleaning Report
Post by: BradSmith on December 27, 2010, 05:16:17 pm
that makes sense.
Thanks
Brad


I think it reports ink usage between nozzle checks (reports). Slightly confusingly, "count" means usage - how much in has gone through the machine in total. Current on one test becomes Previous on the next. Doing a nozzle check does not itself use any significant quantity of ink, so the usage before and after the nozzle check is effectively identical. If you were to run a print and then do another nozzle check the C-P number would tell you how much ink was used on the print.