Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Ian99 on December 15, 2010, 08:28:27 pm
-
A question for those who have actually used either Hahnemuhle’s Gallerie Wrap Pro system, or BC’s EasyWrappe Pro.
The nominal depth is supposed to be 1.75”, but how deep is it really??
The Standard system depth is nominally 1.25” but is actually close to 1.125” and works well.
I ask this because I use a 24” Z3100 which requires a 0.25” margin on both sides and I would like to make a 20" x 30" wrap. If I build-in an extra 1/16” on the image to allow for shrinkage, I suspect I am going to run into a problem if the Pro system is actually 1.75”.
-
BC's Easy Wrap is exactly 1.74 per my micrometer.
Its going to be close.
-
Thanks Dan.
That is too close for comfort. I doubt that I can position the frame with the required accuracy if I only have 10 thou on each side, even ignoring the 1/16" for shrinkage. My options seem to be scaling down to 19x28 or planing 1/16 off the four frame pieces.