Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Rajan Parrikar on December 15, 2010, 04:17:42 am

Title: Dettifoss
Post by: Rajan Parrikar on December 15, 2010, 04:17:42 am
Dettifoss in north Iceland.  Details here. (http://www.parrikar.com/blog/2010/12/15/dettifoss/)

(http://www.parrikar.org/images/LL/dettifoss.jpg)

Title: Re: Dettifoss
Post by: francois on December 15, 2010, 07:48:01 am
It's a pleasing photo with both static and very dynamics aspects. The rock texture and the blurry water are "just right".
Title: Re: Dettifoss
Post by: EduPerez on December 15, 2010, 08:09:33 am
It's a pleasing photo with both static and very dynamics aspects. The rock texture and the blurry water are "just right".

Quite on the contrary, I found it very disturbing... and that is precisely why I like it so much (I agree on the other parts or your comment, however).
Title: Re: Dettifoss
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 15, 2010, 12:15:18 pm
Quite on the contrary, I found it very disturbing... and that is precisely why I like it so much (I agree on the other parts or your comment, however).
Having been there myself many years ago, I too found it disturbing but very expressive of the power of that beast! I would never have thought of turning it into "black water," but it really works. Bravo!

Eric
Title: Re: Dettifoss
Post by: ronkruger on December 18, 2010, 07:04:39 pm
Most people use too slow of a shutter speed for this, creating falls that are too cloudy. This is just right and the detail on the rocks gives it depth. Very nice.