Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Thomas Krüger on December 15, 2010, 03:35:28 am

Title: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: Thomas Krüger on December 15, 2010, 03:35:28 am
Are there any step-by-step instructions for the belt drive replacement on the HP Z3100 beside the known Z2100/Z3100 service manual ?
Any help is appreciated!
Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: KevinWilliams on December 15, 2010, 09:39:27 am
not that I am aware of, had to get my belt replaced the other day. Only thing i found was the service manual. It had detailed instructions on how to dismantle the printer though. Should be plenty good.
Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: Thomas Krüger on December 20, 2010, 03:13:45 am
Mounted the new belt with success.  :)
Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: Vlad3 on October 23, 2012, 10:29:35 pm
Hello Thomas,

I'm facing the same scenario with my 4-year old Z3100 printer.

Could you guide me through the process (I already ordered the new belt).

Thanks,

Vlad3
Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: kaelaria on October 23, 2012, 11:39:03 pm
http://bgpictures.com/2011/03/11/hp-z3100-drive-belt-replacement-how-to-video/ (http://bgpictures.com/2011/03/11/hp-z3100-drive-belt-replacement-how-to-video/)
Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: Justan on October 24, 2012, 11:44:55 am
http://bgpictures.com/2011/03/11/hp-z3100-drive-belt-replacement-how-to-video/ (http://bgpictures.com/2011/03/11/hp-z3100-drive-belt-replacement-how-to-video/)


The video is excellent. I used that plus the official manual do the belt on my z3100. I put the small parts for each group as noted in the video into plastic bags and the larger parts into a box. That way everything was organized when I started re-assembly.

In addition to the tools recommended, use some lighter fluid and lint free towels to clean the rails upon which the carriage assembly glides. Of course use a fan to dissipate the fumes. Lighter fluid is one of the best cleaning media around for metal. It does a fabulous job and leaves no residue. You’ll be amazed at what comes off what appears to be clean steel. Don’t use it on plastic.

When the printer is apart make sure that all electrical connectors are firmly seated.

Plan on about 4 hours or so for disassembly and cleaning, and about that much time for re-assembly. I suggest using latex gloves to keep finger prints and oils off of the parts.

Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: Vlad3 on October 24, 2012, 04:02:55 pm
Thank you SOOO much for your quick response! It is a huge job but I have no choice. The new belt should come any day...

Vlad3

Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: artobest on October 25, 2012, 11:23:40 am
Does anyone have a link to the service manual for the Z3200ps?

Thanks!

Peter
Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: Justan on October 25, 2012, 11:43:08 am
Does anyone have a link to the service manual for the Z3200ps?

Thanks!

Peter

Edit

Oh, crap. I just read the fine print and am unable to keep this on my site due to HP copyrights. If anyone wants a copy send me a PM.
Title: Re: HP Z3100 Belt Drive Replacement Instructions?
Post by: Roscolo on October 25, 2012, 01:22:07 pm
Does anyone have a link to the service manual for the Z3200ps?



It's been posted to the forums here many times. Here it is again:

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/downloadsm/34193/HP_Z2100%20Z3100.html