Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: apagano on December 14, 2010, 06:29:33 pm

Title: Epson 7800 and Japanese Rice paper
Post by: apagano on December 14, 2010, 06:29:33 pm
Two Quick questions...
I have been printing on very thin rice paper with my epson 7800. Some of it coated but most not.
I mount the paper on  Bristol paper as a carrier. It has been very challenging as some times the paper
gets caught as the print head passes. My question is... can I do any damage to my print heads?
What is the worst case senario?

What is the smallest paper size I can feed into the printer?

Thanks
Apagano
Title: Re: Epson 7800 and Japanese Rice paper
Post by: Doombrain on December 16, 2010, 12:07:01 pm
it's possible you could. you only need to mark an area that covers one jet and you'll get a misaligned jet.

I suggest you set the platen to widest and run bi-dis to adjust for the ink droplet arc.