Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: gekkardboy on December 14, 2010, 04:00:56 pm
-
I'm on a Mac outputting to an Epson 9900. I'm still running on OSX 10.5.8, however, I would like to upgrade to Snow Leopard for better system performance, but I see on Epson's site that they have a work-around for prints coming out too dark if printed from Photoshop CS3.
http://tinyurl.com/27vycmg
My question is, are the prints still running dark in later versions of Photoshop as well? Or has the issue been corrected in later versions? I typically run my prints using the Epson profile for Premium Canvas Matte. The results are nearly flawless using this setting and I want to know what I'm risking by upgrading.
-
I'm on a Mac outputting to an Epson 9900. I'm still running on OSX 10.5.8, however, I would like to upgrade to Snow Leopard for better system performance, but I see on Epson's site that they have a work-around for prints coming out too dark if printed from Photoshop CS3.
http://tinyurl.com/27vycmg
My question is, are the prints still running dark in later versions of Photoshop as well? Or has the issue been corrected in later versions? I typically run my prints using the Epson profile for Premium Canvas Matte. The results are nearly flawless using this setting and I want to know what I'm risking by upgrading.
I tested a 7900 using the latest driver from CS3 on 10.6 and the output was wrong. The workaround you quote is a kludge. Stick with 10.5.8.
-
The workaround you quote is a kludge.
You can say that again. A transfer curve? Seriously?