Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: Rob C on December 14, 2010, 03:39:04 am
-
My first impression, on seeing the typeface, was to think Miami or the interor of an old cruise liner with photographic background paper. People did use them, you know.
Oh well, it's cold here; the jumping to rapid conclusions demonstrates the need for quick decisions rather than accuracy.
;-)
Rob C
-
In the 'What's New' section, Michael sort of sloughs this image off saying, "...nothing terribly special." I think there is something special. I like how he included just enough to beg questions: It's cold in Oklahoma, so why isn't there glass in the window? And beyond that, am I standing inside, or outside the diner?? Intriguing.
Maybe there are some traits that say 'snapshot', but I like it.
Dave
-
I must say that Michael's images are specially well composed.
Sometimes I like an image, sometimes it doesn't speak to me, but what never disapoint me is the composition. Always very good.
I have rarely seen such a consistency on one point.
I even consider that the Michael's pic are in themselves a perfect tutorial on composing. You don't need explainations, just watching the editorials pics, you have a great training.
About this particular image, I really like it.
OK, but why not just straighten it up? So the verticals are vertical. Would take maybe a couple of minutes . . .
John
-
Fred
I loves ya :D
But actually, if you check carefully, there "is a slightly deviation" all over the frame. 0.5 deg CCW will fix it. I think it is just me being nit-picky, I am sure. It must be all those years messing about with an old LF camera with rising and cross front, but I seem to be hyper sensitive to these things.
John
-
I'm assuming that is the front of the building, and if so, why is there no "diner" in the diner? ??? If that's the exit that is a very fancy one...
-
It's about "enigma", including the skew, deliberately left uncorrected.
Michael
-
It's about "enigma", including the skew, deliberately left uncorrected.
Michael
I'm awfully relieved to hear that, Michael. Now I shall be able to sleep well tonight ;)
John
-
And the variants suggested by posters here can be called the "Enigma Variations." ;)
Eric
-
Beautiful Eric!