Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Michael West on December 12, 2010, 08:45:42 pm

Title: Bubble Apparition
Post by: Michael West on December 12, 2010, 08:45:42 pm
 

(http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5209/5256363056_bfa646f589_z.jpg)
 (http://www.flickr.com/photos/41811370@N02/5256363056/)

Title: Re: Bubble Apparition
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 13, 2010, 03:49:25 am
Nice! The framing looks a bit tight, though, on the left-hand side.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Bubble Apparition
Post by: shutterpup on December 13, 2010, 10:30:24 am
Nice! The framing looks a bit tight, though, on the left-hand side.

Jeremy

But actually almost as tight on the right side to include the three small bubbles. If I were framing this shot, I'd disregarded those three small bubbles in favor of allowing a little more room on the left. That may not have been possible however.
Title: Re: Bubble Apparition
Post by: John R on December 13, 2010, 12:02:20 pm
It's a great shot. I am sure that if you had the luxury of framing, you probably would have a few more takes on these bubbles. The image of the bubble itself is quite unsettling as it evokes a human embryonic form, and its placement between the two darker blues of sky is a fine touch. Whence go all those embryos?
JMR
Title: Re: Bubble Apparition
Post by: wolfnowl on December 13, 2010, 01:58:56 pm
Yes, even with the three bubbles on the right I'd like a little more canvas on the left - content aware fill perhaps?

Still, it's a great image.

Mike.
Title: Re: Bubble Apparition
Post by: popnfresh on December 13, 2010, 04:47:09 pm
Your bubble photos keep getting more interesting! This is a neat shot, but I agree with kikashi that the framing is too tight, especially on the left.
Title: Re: Bubble Apparition
Post by: David Saffir on December 13, 2010, 10:24:07 pm
It's a unique, creative shot. I particularly like the floating feeling given by the smaller bubbles on the right.
Nice subtle tones blending together, too.

David Saffir
GuruShots Photo Critique (http://www.gurushots.com)
If you'd like pro advice and full professional critique see GuruShots Photo Critique. I'm a contributor there.