Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Oldfox on December 11, 2010, 03:28:07 am

Title: Epson 3800 in network - nozzle check and head cleaning
Post by: Oldfox on December 11, 2010, 03:28:07 am
I was planning to connect my Epson 3800 to my tiny network (=router).

However in the manual (p. 46) there is "Do not use the Nozzle check, Head Cleaning, or Print Head Alignment utilities if your printer is connected to your computer through a network."

Why? And those of you who uses a network, how do you do nozzle check, head cleaning and print head alignment?
Title: Re: Epson 3800 in network - nozzle check and head cleaning
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on December 11, 2010, 09:23:19 am
I was planning to connect my Epson 3800 to my tiny network (=router).

However in the manual (p. 46) there is "Do not use the Nozzle check, Head Cleaning, or Print Head Alignment utilities if your printer is connected to your computer through a network."

Why? And those of you who uses a network, how do you do nozzle check, head cleaning and print head alignment?
Since I have the bad habit of not reading manuals, I wasn't aware of this warning. My 3800 is connected over my home Ethernet network and I've done all three without any difficulty.

Jeremy
Title: Re: Epson 3800 in network - nozzle check and head cleaning
Post by: Lisa Nikodym on December 11, 2010, 11:14:39 am
What Jeremy said applies to me too...

Lisa
Title: Re: Epson 3800 in network - nozzle check and head cleaning
Post by: sakharov on December 11, 2010, 02:43:10 pm
I've install 3800 with Ethernet connection many times.
No one issue. Printer always works fine through LAN.
You can even install Remote Panel software.