Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: Ari N on December 10, 2010, 01:36:13 pm

Title: Almost frozen
Post by: Ari N on December 10, 2010, 01:36:13 pm
Last sunday evening shots, just before huge snowfalls in southern Finland.
Now, in this time, you must use snow shoes to walkt to this place...




http://arskaphotos.dy.fi (http://arskaphotos.dy.fi)

Title: Re: Almost frozen
Post by: Slobodan Blagojevic on December 10, 2010, 02:22:21 pm
I find the second one much better compositionally (leading lines, sun and horizon placement) and tonally (i.e., slightly underexposed vs. underexposed).
Title: Re: Almost frozen
Post by: jasonrandolph on December 10, 2010, 04:12:19 pm
I agree with Slobodan, but I would add that the colors in the sky in the first shot are outstanding.
Title: Re: Almost frozen
Post by: Eric Myrvaagnes on December 10, 2010, 04:30:00 pm
I too like the first one a lot, but the second is outstanding.

Eric
Title: Re: Almost frozen
Post by: shutterpup on December 10, 2010, 05:04:54 pm
+1 for #2
Title: Re: Almost frozen
Post by: David Saffir on December 13, 2010, 10:44:36 pm
the second one IS outstanding. depth of field is great, all the details and textures hold up well. I also like the way the lines of the trees lead the eye toward the center (breaks a "rule" but works!)

David Saffir


GuruShots Photo Critique (http://www.gurushots.com)
If you'd like pro advice and full professional critique
see GuruShots Photo Critique. I'm a contributor there.
Title: Re: Almost frozen
Post by: wolfnowl on December 14, 2010, 01:53:53 am
Agreed.  The first one's good, but the second one's great.

Mike.