Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: ron ritcher on December 09, 2010, 03:46:31 pm

Title: CS5: Opening 2 Images??
Post by: ron ritcher on December 09, 2010, 03:46:31 pm
Quick question:  Though I've used PS for years, I never have gotten past the surface of its capabilities, so now I'm trying to combine elemets of images, figure out masks, etc...  How, with my iMac, can I open 2 images simultaneously?  Using Bridge, when I've opended one, trying a second image makes the first just disappear (at least from MY view).  I feel like a doofus for asking, but . . .

Thanks,
Ron
Title: Re: CS5: Opening 2 Images??
Post by: RFPhotography on December 09, 2010, 04:00:07 pm
You can also turn off the tabbed image layout in your Preferences if you prefer.

If you know you want to open two images to do some masking, you can open the two images automatically into a layer stack.  Saves a couple mouse clicks later on.
Title: Re: CS5: Opening 2 Images??
Post by: ron ritcher on December 09, 2010, 05:57:21 pm
Thanks, Guys

. . . But now you'll need to kind enough to tell me how to "open the two images automatically into a layer stack".  I use layers all the time, but how to do THIS?  Again, thanks for your generous, patient advice!

--Ron
Title: Re: CS5: Opening 2 Images??
Post by: sniper on December 09, 2010, 06:21:58 pm
File/scripts/load into stack. (in PS) I think you can do it from bridge but can't remember how.
Title: Re: CS5: Opening 2 Images??
Post by: AlanPezzulich on December 09, 2010, 06:36:48 pm
In Bridge go to the tools menu, there is an option for loading images as layers.

Alan
Title: Re: CS5: Opening 2 Images??
Post by: ron ritcher on December 10, 2010, 03:46:20 pm
THANKS everyone!!  With your help, I think I finally got it . . .
--Ron