Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: astroprojector on December 08, 2010, 09:20:11 pm

Title: Calibrating new DELL U2211
Post by: astroprojector on December 08, 2010, 09:20:11 pm
I got the DELL U2211H monitor and want to calibrate it. I have the x-rite eye-one UVcut, but because it is an OEM unit I do not have any modules for it. So I am using the basICColor display 4.1.9 software with it. Unfortunately I am not familiar with all the settings.

Here is what I select:

Display Type: LCD
Calibration method: Software calibration (video LTUs)
Calibration settings: There are many: I assume I need Photography?
Profiling Settings: LUT-based (Accurate)

I can specify the White Point and Gamma manually:

White Point Choices: D50, D65 and Other
Gamma Choices: 1.8, 2.2, Other, sRGB IEC61966-2.1, CIECAM02 average, dim or dark
I can set luminance and contrast ratios. Choices are: White and Black Luminance, White lumance and contrast, Black luminance and contrast.
I can specify profile type: 16bit LUT based or Matrix based.
I can specify chromatic adaptation: None, von Kries, linear Bradford or CAT02



I know that there is a lot of options, but please let me know what is the right one for me.

Thanks  


Title: Re: Calibrating new DELL U2211
Post by: digitaldog on December 09, 2010, 10:22:55 am

I know that there is a lot of options, but please let me know what is the right one for me.


Start here in terms of target calibration for print matching:http://www.luminous-landscape.com/tutorials/why_are_my_prints_too_dark.shtml