Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: thierrylegros396 on December 08, 2010, 02:34:50 pm
-
Problem with Asus ENGT220 video card and Photoshop.
Configuration:
New install (15 days).
Windows 7 Pro installed on 120Gb Corsair SSD + 2nd HDD 1Gb 7200.
Asus P7H55 Motheboard with Intel i5 760 and 6Gb of RAM, Asus ENGT220 Video card.
Lightroom 2.6 and 3.2 work perfect !
Photoshop CS5 (English version) has artefacts problems especially in the menu Bar.
With another program opened, black screen appears and message from says: Windows has recovered a video pilot problem.
Pagefile increased and fixed to 9500 Mb, no effect !
OpenGL disabled, no effect !
Latest Asus video pilot installed, no effect !
Any idea anyone ?!!
Thierry
-
Have you uploaded the most recent NVidia Drivers? Have you checked Asus forums? I did a google search for this card and came across this link (one f many):
http://vip.asus.com/forum/view.aspx?id=20091103091537406&board_id=9&model=ENGT220+Series&page=1&SLanguage=en-us
Seems to indicate this crad has lots of problems, particularly with Windows 7, but posts are also from Dec. 2009 so already one-year ago. Maybe a fix since then? I did not delve too deeply.
I had an issue a while back with PS and my video card as well (was running XP-Pro 64 at the time). My toolbar button graphics would go black - was a real pain - had to minimize then remaximize window to refresh them evrey couple of minutes to be able to see what was what. Updated the Nvidia drivers and eventually found a version that made this stop.
-
Tried another Video card, the excellent ENGTX465, and exactly same problem !!!
After that, I try to tune Windows 7 to find what cause the problem.
So it seems that they are some troubles with Windows classic "themes" and some visual options.
But I don't know if it's a Win7 or a Photoshop problem !
What's sure, all Lightroom versions works well in all cases !
Thierry
-
Just found new update for CS5.
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4893
Hope it will work for Win 7 !
Have a Nice Day.
Thierry
-
I would try a card that does not use a NVidia chip set.