Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: tkimages on December 05, 2010, 03:02:03 pm
-
Hi All,
Sorry to bother you all but I've just bought an iMac and moved over from PC. All seems to be going well but I can't get the printer dialogue box for the Epson 2880 when trying to print through CS4. The CS4 dialogue box appears but when I choose page set up I get a generic dialogue box that only allows me to choose paper size! Internet research suggests that this a common problem and I should not use the Apple drivers, I should use the specific Epson Snow Leopard driver. I have uninstalled the Apple drivers (after removing the printer) and installed the Epson drivers but when I try to add the printer it wants to install new drivers. If I say no, it will not let me add the printer! Catch 22.
How can I add the printer without installing the Apple drivers?
Any help would be much appreciated.
-
Problem sorted. Apparently in OSX 10.6.5 one has to 'print' then you get access to the dialogue box to choose paper type, colour settings etc. Quite unlike Windows.