Luminous Landscape Forum
Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: bjanes on December 04, 2010, 11:51:53 am
-
This morning, I was composing a rather elaborate reply to a post by Ray, including some references and examples, and when I hit the post message button, I received an error message that I had timed out and all of my work was lost. This is not the first time that this happened. Sometimes you can back track and recover your work, but no such luck today.
Regards,
Bill
-
This morning, I was composing a rather elaborate reply to a post by Ray, including some references and examples, and when I hit the post message button, I received an error message that I had timed out and all of my work was lost. This is not the first time that this happened. Sometimes you can back track and recover your work, but no such luck today.
Regards,
Bill
read the second point in the quick tips (sticked at the top of this thread), that will help you out with this issue:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45410.0
-
read the second point in the quick tips (sticked at the top of this thread), that will help you out with this issue:
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=45410.0
Mark,
Thanks for the reply. My current time to stay logged in is 60 minutes, and I was not working on my post for that length of time. Currently, I am logged in and there does not appear to be any way to change the time until the current login span of 1 hour expires.
Bill
-
You can only change the time logged in information at login itself. You have to logout, then click the Login link in the toolbar (not use the quick form at top right).
-
I have had this problem too, even with short posts that took all of 20 seconds to write. I don't think the above recommendation speaks to the problem or solution.
-
I just compose in a word processor and copy and paste when done.
-
I've give up keeping track of the lost posts - they seem to vanish for no apparent rhyme or reason; when that happens, it's even worse than struggling to work in the 'disappearing lines' letterbox slot in which posts are usually written.
My only solution is to write in Word and then cut'n'paste, which is a bit of a pain when I have no idea how, or even if, a post will develop beyond a couple of lines!
But, when it works it's damn good!
I remember reading a review of Velvia when it first came out: the comparison was being made with Kodachrome where the writer said that, with Kodachrome, when it was good it was very very good, but when it was bad it was horrid! Just like Alice.
Rob C
-
What I do for long posts I don't want to lose is hit 'ctrl' A and then 'ctrl' C (for Windows, I'm sure there is a comparable MAC sequence).
If you lose the post it's still on your clipboard and can paste it back in one go on your next try.
-
I have had this problem too, even with short posts that took all of 20 seconds to write. I don't think the above recommendation speaks to the problem or solution.
Kirk,
I think that the problem is that the time out period starts from you first log on. If your time out is 1 hour and you first log on and read a few posts, browse elsewhere without logging off on the main toolbar and then come back 58 minutes later, you only have two minutes left.
Another annoying feature of the new software is that the preview does not show any images and you have no control over where the images appear in the post.
Regards,
Bill
-
Another annoying feature of the new software is that the preview does not show any images and you have no control over where the images appear in the post.
Hi Bill,
I agree. Maybe we are a minority in trying to compose our responses in a coherent manner, with visual explanations when and where they score the most relevant impact? In-text placement of images/illustrations capability would be most welcome indeed.
Cheers,
Bart