Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: barry685 on December 01, 2010, 10:27:24 pm
-
Just received a ipf 6300 and printing on 10" roll paper sending 8x10's or smaller images. Sometimes about 1/2 to 2/3 through the printing of the file the printer stops printing, waits a couple of minutes and cancels the job. The os (winxp) gives a failed to print document error. I am printing on a network and also have a hp z3100 connected that prints without any problems.
-
Just received a ipf 6300 and printing on 10" roll paper sending 8x10's or smaller images. Sometimes about 1/2 to 2/3 through the printing of the file the printer stops printing, waits a couple of minutes and cancels the job. The os (winxp) gives a failed to print document error. I am printing on a network and also have a hp z3100 connected that prints without any problems.
I have an 8300 and 6100. Can't say I've come across that before. I think a call in to Canon might be in order but before you do that, I'd try connecting it via USB and running a print. If that works then it probably points to an issue with the network.
Cheers, Joe
-
For what it's worth, I had a similar problem with my Epson 3800 - it would print about 14 inches into a print, and then the print job would die.
I did some network diagnostics, and discovered that one of my network switches would only pass about every third packet through. Replacing that switch solved the problem (and gave me a nice network performance boost as a bonus).
The reason it took a while for me to figure out the problem, is that TCP will retry packets quite a few times before it gives up and closes the socket - so until I actually traced some packets, the inherent reliability of TCP made it seem like the network was fine.
-
I am having all sorts of problems with this printer I had the Motherboard replaced and now Im getting a printhead replaced. Hopefully all issues will be resolved shortly. I do have to say that canon's support has been stellar.