Luminous Landscape Forum

The Art of Photography => User Critiques => Topic started by: MBMPhotography on November 29, 2010, 11:28:54 am

Title: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: MBMPhotography on November 29, 2010, 11:28:54 am
Last May trip to Isle of Skye

1. Staffin Bay



2. Quirraing
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: EduPerez on November 30, 2010, 02:59:43 am
Oh my God! I can barely believe I am looking at those images in a computer monitor; the light, the colors, the crispness... they look incredibly real, even the thumbnails stand out like nothing I have seen before.

Amazing photographs, thanks for sharing them.
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: francois on November 30, 2010, 11:05:50 am
Two very nice images. I prefer the first one but can't explain why, probably the curves of the terrain and the more unfettered view…
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: Christoph C. Feldhaim on November 30, 2010, 11:22:13 am
I like both images, but the colors look a bit too vivid (for my taste) to me, especially in the sky.
I'd also like to see a b/w conversion.
Good stuff.
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: Rob C on November 30, 2010, 11:28:38 am
Amazing world: it's the skies that do it for me!

Nice shots, indeed. Not the sort of clarity of view that you tend to get around Med islands, however, other than on exceptionally cold and non-rainy days in winter.

Rob C
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: tokengirl on November 30, 2010, 04:19:19 pm
Oh my God! I can barely believe I am looking at those images in a computer monitor; the light, the colors, the crispness... they look incredibly real, even the thumbnails stand out like nothing I have seen before.

Amazing photographs, thanks for sharing them.

Agreed.  It's like looking at perfectly exposed chromes on a light table.
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: David Saffir on December 06, 2010, 12:09:57 am
I like the image of Staffin Bay very much. You picked the right weather,and an interesting time of day for the shot. The interplay of light and shadow give it great depth - gave me the feeling it would take a LONG time to hike across that scene.

David Saffir
GuruShots Photo Critique (http://www.gurushots.com) - contributor on Gurushots, a new resource for creative photographers
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: stevenov on December 07, 2010, 06:47:14 pm
I like them both but prefer Staffin Bay.  I feel like with a larger image I could wander around and discover stuff .  I don't think they are too vivid, just right.  I'll have to go back again.  When I was there we had horizontal rain.  Thanks.
Title: Re: Trotternish (Isle of Skye once again)
Post by: dizzyg44 on December 18, 2010, 04:49:23 pm
no offense, as I'm a people shooter I normally have no interest when looking at landscapes as they typically bore me.  However, I keep staring at yours, studying it, and happily getting lost in it, especially the first one.  Beautiful!