Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: owenpga on November 25, 2010, 02:00:19 pm
-
I just recently started printing with the ilford gold fibre silk paper 13x19. Great paper!! Whats the best way to insure you have no dust fibers on the paper before printing? This sounds like a silly question but it seems like most prints have some kind of small dust particles after printing. It's very annoying and expensive. I know when i prepare my epson fine art cotton paper i use heavy brushes to remove any loose paper particles and this method works great. Obviously i wouldn't want to use the same technique but though there might be a way to getter cleaner results. thanks for any suggestions. Owen
-
A few brief shots from a can of compressed air will do fine.
-
Horsehair drafting brush is safe for use on all papers.
-
HOw about putting a vacuum or sweeper to your printer itself?
-
I've never had problems with dust on Gold Fibre Silk out of the box, but in general I use a fine paintbrush and a rocket blower. A few shots with the rocket blower would be enough on this paper.
-
A few strokes with a large camel's hair brush might work, or a blast of air from your lungs. I use this paper sometimes (lovely) and have never had this problem. Perhaps a low-dust environment is the answer?