Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: PeterAit on November 25, 2010, 11:46:28 am
-
When I look at the properties of my LR catalog, it shows 11,000+ files and 18,000+ folders. Why so many - at least 7,000 - empty folders?
-
It depends on how your folders are organised. For example:
Lightroom
2010
2010-02
2010-02-01
Image1
Image2
2010-02-02
Image3
2010-03
2010-03-01
Image4
The above would be described as 4 images and 7 folders. No empty folders.
-
It seems to have something to do with the way LR organizes it previews. Take a look at the properties of your catalog file itself; mine has no folders at all. I keep my images inside of my catalog folder. The top level folder of the image tree has a reasonable number of folders. The .lrdata tree is a totally different case.
Alan
-
Go to Folders in the left column. Click on the + in the upper right corner. Check "Show Folders in Subfolders" and you will see numbers by each folder. In the example Owin gave the top and midlevel folder will show 0 if this is not checked, but the bottom level folder will show the number of images. By checking it, all levels of folders will show the number of images.
-
When I look at the properties of my LR catalog, it shows 11,000+ files and 18,000+ folders. Why so many - at least 7,000 - empty folders?
If you refer to the xx.lrdata folder structure, it is the previews structure which probably has some pyramid structure in there as well for the different zoom in levels.
I have to check my master catalog, but on a test catalog i happend to check almost all (leaf) folders contain a file.
I usually import images with a 1:1 preview, perhaps that makes a difference.
Nevertheless, i care litle about the .lrpref; as long as it functions i leave it alone.