Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: RFPhotography on November 24, 2010, 07:23:39 pm

Title: New Premier Imaging Media
Post by: RFPhotography on November 24, 2010, 07:23:39 pm
Anyone tried any of the new Premier Imaging papers?  I'm thinking most specifically of their Alise Museum Smooth Rag.  Any feedback on their Watercolor paper would be appreciated as well.
Title: Re: New Premier Imaging Media
Post by: David Saffir on November 27, 2010, 10:12:55 pm
I've used it a few times, performs quite well. Why not ask for a couple of samples?

David
Title: Re: New Premier Imaging Media
Post by: RFPhotography on November 28, 2010, 11:05:08 am
Thanks, David.  Appreciate the feedback.

Why not ask for some samples?  LOL!  I'm not important enough to be able to get samples.
Title: Re: New Premier Imaging Media
Post by: neile on November 28, 2010, 11:26:19 am
They'll give 'em to you anyway :) I have received at least three sample packs from them at various tradeshow style events.

Neil
Title: Re: New Premier Imaging Media
Post by: tim wolcott on November 28, 2010, 05:09:10 pm
Yes I have worked with them for many years.  Not as an employee.  But as a photographer who wants to be printing on great papers.  I currently am testing some papers with the amazing Canon printers.  Can't say enough about the printer.

The papers are really fine and they will give you some samples.  Unless we photographer work with manufacturers we will not get exactly what we want to print on.  I will be testing some coatings and other things to come.  Tim
Title: Re: New Premier Imaging Media
Post by: RFPhotography on November 28, 2010, 07:51:52 pm
Thanks.  I do appreciate the insights.  I've used their museum canvas products and use their eco-print shield for coating canvas so am familiar with some of their products.  I'd just never seen these Alise papers before so was curious about them.  Being in Canada, we don't necessarily get all the same stuff folks in the U.S. and Europe get or at the same time.
Title: Re: New Premier Imaging Media
Post by: RFPhotography on November 29, 2010, 03:06:39 pm
Well, not to say I told you so..... but.... I told you so.  No samples available.  Buy from a dealer.  LOL!