Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Digital Image Processing => Topic started by: Gary Ferguson on November 23, 2010, 04:39:01 pm

Title: Profile Location, Mac OSX
Post by: Gary Ferguson on November 23, 2010, 04:39:01 pm
I'm using OSX 10.6.5 with Photoshop CS4. When I download profiles using the recommended location (Library/Colorsync/Profiles) they're not appearing under my list of proof colors in CS4. And search as I might I can't find the folder that has the list of color profile that actually does appear! Anyone any idea where I might find the profile folder that CS4 is actually using? Thanks.
Title: Re: Profile Location, Mac OSX
Post by: francois on November 24, 2010, 02:21:37 am
I'm using OSX 10.6.5 with Photoshop CS4. When I download profiles using the recommended location (Library/Colorsync/Profiles) they're not appearing under my list of proof colors in CS4. And search as I might I can't find the folder that has the list of color profile that actually does appear! Anyone any idea where I might find the profile folder that CS4 is actually using? Thanks.
Gary,
Profiles can be found in /Library/ColorSync/Profiles (and then in the different folders there) or in ~/Library/ColorSync/Profiles  (~ is your home folder).

Let me know if it helps…
Title: Re: Profile Location, Mac OSX
Post by: Lightbox on November 24, 2010, 03:36:08 am
Mine show up here -

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Color > Profiles


.
Title: Re: Profile Location, Mac OSX
Post by: francois on November 24, 2010, 04:06:36 am
Mine show up here -

Macintosh HD > Library > Application Support > Adobe > Color > Profiles


.
Correct!
I would add that in the /Library/ColorSync/Profiles folder, there's an alias that points to the folder you mentioned in your post above.
Title: Re: Profile Location, Mac OSX
Post by: Gary Ferguson on November 24, 2010, 02:07:59 pm
Bingo! Thank you very much gentlemen.
Title: Re: Profile Location, Mac OSX
Post by: francois on November 25, 2010, 02:14:00 am
Bingo! Thank you very much gentlemen.
You're welcome, have a good day.