Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: hjscm on November 17, 2010, 11:11:45 pm

Title: Serious Banding with 7900?
Post by: hjscm on November 17, 2010, 11:11:45 pm
OKay so i have had this printer since it came out.  No problems except ink cartridge error once and then again last week.  sent new light black and now i can't print any black and white photos without serious horizontal banding through the whole image.  started just towards end of image no whole thing.  i searched i didn't find much of answers.  problem with 9900 but doesn't have answer.
Title: Re: Serious Banding with 7900?
Post by: sm906 on November 18, 2010, 03:27:16 am
If the banding is reproducable and constantly there I recommend to align the printheads first. Mostly that should do the trick.

Thomas
Title: Re: Serious Banding with 7900?
Post by: hjscm on November 18, 2010, 09:03:36 am
it was late last night i am going to try that today.  only happens when printing black and white.  need to try a color pic with lots of black in it.  also going to try to increase drying time.
Title: Re: Serious Banding with 7900?
Post by: dgberg on November 18, 2010, 01:16:45 pm
"Increase drying time"
Just curious what you mean by that?
Thanks.
Title: Re: Serious Banding with 7900?
Post by: Sven W on November 18, 2010, 02:05:16 pm
"Increase drying time"
Just curious what you mean by that?
Thanks.

Maybe this? Second from the top....

But I would try another media setting first. Even when I use Epson media I sometimes pick e.g. Velvet instead of UltraSmooth.
Especially with kind of "bandings/irregulations"  in deep dark areas. It's something with the stepping, that disappear when I choose another paper setting.

/Sven