Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Michael West on November 16, 2010, 09:39:29 pm

Title: Images noted as Unreadable by Lightroom Imported as DNG
Post by: Michael West on November 16, 2010, 09:39:29 pm
I had nearly then entire contents of one card "reported" as being unreadable by lightroom 3

"Image Capture" "refused" to download them

After a moment of abject terror. I t  fell upon the idea of attempting to copy them as DNG files. This workaround was successful.

What might have caused this issue ?
Title: Re: Images noted as Unreadable by Lightroom Imported as DNG
Post by: madmanchan on November 17, 2010, 11:12:32 am
Have you checked the files to make sure the actual image contents are intact?

I am wondering if you had an intermittent connection (e.g., card reader cable, etc.)
Title: Re: Images noted as Unreadable by Lightroom Imported as DNG
Post by: Michael West on November 17, 2010, 11:42:45 am
Yes the files were intact.



the CR2 files which I had previously downloaded by the MACS "image capture" app were the issue

 I used lightrooms "copy files as DNG" function successfully.
Title: Re: Images noted as Unreadable by Lightroom Imported as DNG
Post by: sniper on November 18, 2010, 02:58:16 am
You might also have a dodgy card or card reader, it might be worth retrying the card with a different reader and seeing what happens.
Title: Re: Images noted as Unreadable by Lightroom Imported as DNG
Post by: Robert55 on November 18, 2010, 12:40:23 pm
Yes the files were intact.



the CR2 files which I had previously downloaded by the MACS "image capture" app were the issue

 I used lightrooms "copy files as DNG" function successfully.
Seems to me you varied two things: you changed the app used for downloading and also the file format for saving. If you want to nail the culprit you should only vary one at a time.