Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: harlanlampert on November 16, 2010, 12:34:31 am
-
Everything was working fine with XP and PSCS3 with the 3800. Profiles for the Ilford Silk Fibre paper had it pretty close consistently. Well same monitor and profiler, new computer with Windows 7 and PSCS5 updated 3800 drivers and icc profiles for the paper and here's the issues: (1) colors, especially blues/cyans and magentas are way off..(2) inconsistantly darker throughout..and (3) deep black shadows print gray in color photos (haven't tried any of BW or ABW iccs).
Any thoughts? Or who should I call to figure this one out?
Harlan
-
I recently upgraded to Win 7 (64 bit) and I've noticed vitually no change.
I printed a new calibration chart (using a colormunki) and did an A - B comparison - the difference was too small to worry about.
So I've continued to use my old paper profiles (with the same 3800) and am producing excellent results (PSCS5 & LR3.2 - both 64 bit).
Probably not much help to you - but it was a virtually "seamless" upgrade for me.