Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: jimnilsen on November 12, 2010, 10:10:11 am
-
Can anyone tell me how easy it is for sheet feeding on the Canon 8300? I would be upgrading from the Epson 7800 which handles sheets just fine. I briefly had the HP z3100 before the 7800 and returned it for various reasons, one of them being the sheet feeding problems.
-
You open the top cover, release the lever and slide the print from the front up to the orange line, release the level again and close the top cover. Once you've done it a few times it's pretty quick and easy but not as elegant as Epson's top loading "drop the print and press pause" approach. Canon's front loading approach is ideal for rolls, while Epson's top loading straight path approach is ideal for sheets and rigid materials.
-
Sheets must be at least 8x8 inches. To avoid alignment errors, I guide each sheet in by placing a finger on each side to prevent it going in askew. I use sheets of all odd sizes every day without a problem using this trick.
-
Thanks much. I will make the purchase today!
-
$2400-$2800 after the rebate is kinda hard to beat...
-
The Canon 6300/8300 from what I read doesn't handle sheets nearly as well as the Epson 7900/9900 and that has held me back. Frankly I don't know why "they" can't make a large format printer that can handle 10 sheets at a time. I do buy rolls and cut them into sheets, but I prefer sheets over rolls, they begin life flat, whereas the rolls have to be decurled.
I'm still debating, but Lexjet has the best deal it seems, $2300.00 after rebate plus a 16GB WiFi Apple IPad which is another $500.00.
-
If anyone is planning on buying through LexJet, send me a PM. I believe if I point you to my sales rep you can save a little bit more off that price. I get zero kickbacks, by the way. Just hoping I can save LL folks a little bit more!
Neil