Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: chasgroh on November 12, 2010, 01:34:49 am

Title: LR adjustment brush
Post by: chasgroh on November 12, 2010, 01:34:49 am
...when I increase the size of the brush past a certain point and *then* decrease it after use, it turns into an irritating 4 horizontal pip array.  I can only make it go away by exiting the program and restarting my machine (the phenomenon continues past closing the Lightroom program proper...so, to get it working properly again I have to restart the machine)...this has a history through previous versions. Anyone know what's up?

cg
Title: Re: LR adjustment brush
Post by: Jeremy Roussak on November 12, 2010, 03:33:56 am
...when I increase the size of the brush past a certain point and *then* decrease it after use, it turns into an irritating 4 horizontal pip array.  I can only make it go away by exiting the program and restarting my machine (the phenomenon continues past closing the Lightroom program proper...so, to get it working properly again I have to restart the machine)...this has a history through previous versions. Anyone know what's up?

cg
Which version of Lightroom? Which computer? Which OS? What version of OS?

Jeremy
Title: Re: LR adjustment brush
Post by: francois on November 12, 2010, 06:21:03 am
FWIW, no problem on my Macs (10.6.5, Lightroom 3.2).
Title: Re: LR adjustment brush
Post by: Steve Weldon on November 12, 2010, 09:29:03 am
This probably isn't a LR issue.  You're seeing the symptom in LR, but my guess is it's somehow/somewhere related to the video card/driver/screen. 
Title: Re: LR adjustment brush
Post by: chasgroh on November 15, 2010, 09:06:56 pm
This probably isn't a LR issue.  You're seeing the symptom in LR, but my guess is it's somehow/somewhere related to the video card/driver/screen. 

...this makes sense, only I've experienced the same condition on my older XP system (using LR 2.whatever)...machine I'm on is Win 7 64 bit utilizing LR 3...still a hmmmmmm...

cg
Title: Re: LR adjustment brush
Post by: madmanchan on November 16, 2010, 01:25:17 pm
Have you tried downloading & installing the latest drivers available for your video card?
Title: Re: LR adjustment brush
Post by: chasgroh on November 17, 2010, 01:31:22 am
Have you tried downloading & installing the latest drivers available for your video card?

...that did it!  And with Win 7, easily!  Thanks for the lightbulb!

cg