Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Joelwb on November 11, 2010, 07:51:45 pm

Title: GO vs Spray
Post by: Joelwb on November 11, 2010, 07:51:45 pm
I have an Epson 7600 Which I have just set up with Peizography K6 inks as follows:
   Channel 1   Matte Black
               2   Selenium Shade 1 which is Photo Black
               3 thru 7 Selenium shades 2 thru 6

This setup allows me to print either glossy or matte papers using StudioPrint 2008. Obviously, there is no channel available for GO. I have made great prints with this setup, but have not yet dealt with the gloss differential in the glossy prints.

The question is, must I use Gloss Optimizer for the glossy prints, or can I use a clear spray or roll-on, such as Clearshield, to get the same results (i.e. elimination of gloss differential)?

 I have a working 7500 in which I can run one channel for GO, but I would prefer not to if possible.
Is there a difference?
TIA
Joel
Title: Re: GO vs Spray
Post by: Light Seeker on November 11, 2010, 09:01:04 pm
I have used both GO and Print Shield to coat Cone Selenium prints. Print Shield works a little better but it's toxic to breath. For that reason I run the print through a second time and coat it with GO. The disadvantage with GO is that it's effectiveness varies by paper.

Terry.