Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Colour Management => Topic started by: Passnga on November 10, 2010, 10:39:31 pm
-
Hi All
Firstly this may be a long post sorry but I want to give you as many details as I can.
I have come across an issue using V4 profiles. What is happening is there is a cast, like a paper white, printed on the outta part of the page size of an image. For example if I print an A4 onto a A3 page size the 'white' space around the A4 and out to the A3 size gets printed with a color cast as if its printing using Absolute Colormetic.
Here is some back ground info...
We were printing using Photoshop CS5 on OSX10.5 using an Epson 11880 and the V4 profiles that we created. We print using Photoshop to manage the colors and turn off the driver color management. We upgraded to Snow Leopard 10.6, followed Epson's directions regarding removing the old driver and installed the new one.
Now when printing, using our original V4 profile, the above mentioned color cast appears.
We have successfully run the old V4 profiles using both CS3 and CS5 and running on 10.5 for some time now.
We create the profiles using an EyeOne and Measure Tool. We then bring the measured chart into EyeOne Match to create the profile. Luckily we had the text data from our initial read and made a V2 profile. Which now has no cast but is slight less dense in the blacks. Or slightly less contrast.
I also tested the profiles using XP and CS5 without any casts or issues.
Ultimately, I guess my question(s) is, are there issues with V4 profiles with 10.6? And in layman's terms, what are the differences between V2 and V4 profiles?
-
Ultimately, I guess my question(s) is, are there issues with V4 profiles with 10.6?
Yes...don't use V4...use V2 profiles only–you won't be loosing much if anything and you'll save yourself a lot of problems...
-
Second try to communicate with you.
so as not to repeat
go look at my post on the MACOSX Combo 10.6.5 update
cheers elo
-
The old problem before 10.6.4 with Ver 4 profiles was a darker gray that was 18% to 20% gray, and it did not seem to matter what application produced the profile. 10.6.4 seemed to fix the Ver 4 issue of darker gray but the new problem is light gray/cyan probably less than 5%, but Ver 4 profiles from MonacoProfiler do not have this problem.
I did a test the other day printed using a version 4 profile from Monaco and the one from ProfileMaker and could not get the light gray/cyan with either one. The only thing that I know changed was the SL Graphic update was applied.
Doyle