Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Alan Davis on November 09, 2010, 06:46:27 am
-
I have been doing some printing for other photographers lately and started thinking of taking this to another level.
I am looking for a way to allow clients to upload files to me for printing. The obvious choice is the ROES program from Softworks (http://www.softworkssystems2.com/NewSite/index.php) but is very expensive!
Does anyone know of an alternative solution?
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Regards,
Alan
-
Alan,
I would suggest to offer an FTP upload. Since you do have a website and a domain belonging to it, it should be an easy thing to also activate the FTP port. Almost all Internet hosting providers should offer that. Then you can let your customers define their own directory where they can upload their files and send you an email that they did so.
That's the way one of my two stock agencies is handling the file upload thing. It's very easy and works fine. Also, this is the way I am administrating my own website.
Thomas
-
"Send this file" Only $49.00 for the whole year. Upload up to 5 images at a time that do not exceed 200mb. No log in,free to everyone that wants to send you images. Attach your images and send. Several packages available.
Check it out on my wesite "Pricing and upload" page.
www.bergscanvasgallery.com
-
I have a Windows Home Server, and set up an account on it that people can log into. They visit a website and can upload files that way.
Neil
-
Thanks everyone for the suggestions.
Much appreciated.
Alan