Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: Michael West on November 08, 2010, 11:36:13 am

Title: Chaning ratings Changes Image being displayd
Post by: Michael West on November 08, 2010, 11:36:13 am
Every time I make any "gestures" regarding ratings, be they assigning stars .color ratings or flagging to a file , navigation is affected.

Say I rate an image at four stars. Lightroom "automatically" advances the veiw to the next file in the filmstrip.

This navigation issue occurs in both library and develop modules.

How might I remedy this situation?
Title: Re: Chaning ratings Changes Image being displayd
Post by: NikoJorj on November 08, 2010, 12:13:34 pm
This one took me a while to figure out...
Don't you have CapsLock engaged? Set to lower case again. ;)
Title: Re: Chaning ratings Changes Image being displayd
Post by: wolfnowl on November 08, 2010, 12:29:25 pm
Yup, that's a handy tool when navigating, but it can throw you if you're not expecting it.

Mike.

Title: Re: Chaning ratings Changes Image being displayd
Post by: RafaelDourado on November 08, 2010, 01:04:11 pm
You can also check if:

Photo ยป Auto Advance

is checked.

If it is, the caps lock will have the opposite effect. (the photo will not advance if caps is on.)

Title: Re: Chaning ratings Changes Image being displayd
Post by: Michael West on November 08, 2010, 08:06:22 pm
I had not known there was an auto advance prior to your mentioning it.

Issue solved. Evidently I had inadvertently set it to auto advance.

Thank you.