Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: WPalank on November 06, 2010, 04:27:03 pm
-
Well here I go with my first post and hope I don't break too many rules.
First off, I completed my first Folio yesterday entitled "Northern India" (breaks arm while trying to pat self on back).
Anyway, I thought it would be a nice touch to include a business card with the group of images, colophon, etc. So rather than have it rattle around inside the cover and having recently bought a set of "Business Card Pockets" for my print portfolio to adhere to the inside cover, I used one of those as they only sell them in packs of 5. I adhered it to the matt board inside the folio (see image below).
http://www.pinazangaro.com/whatsnew.html#anchor3
(http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/wpalank/Business_Card.jpg)
The problem is that these suckers aren't cheap at $8 US + tax for 5. Plus the art stores in San Francisco are always sold out of the Pina Zangaro stuff (even though the company is based here). Pros are that they look professional.
Anyone out there have a professional looking cheaper alternative?
Cheers,
william
-
William,
That's a nice looking idea! I did a quick search at Staples and found they sell them in packs of 10 for $3.99. http://www.staples.com/Avery-Self-Adhesive-Business-Card-Holders/product_448224?cmArea=SEARCH is the one I found.
Can you shoot me an e-mail with what your finished folio looks like? I always like to see what people come up with!
Neil
-
Sharon,
Thank you. For some reason it didn't dawn on me that I might find a solution in an Office Warehouse sort of place (I was just at Office Depot this morning picking up something for my wife). Doh!
Neil,
Thanks for doing my homework. ;) From about $1.85 per unit to .42 or so (CA tax included). Nice....
I'm just finalizing all the jpegs (the folio is complete). I'll have an email to you by the time you return from your Photography trip.
Cheers,
william
-
Thanks Sharon,
Just sent you an email.
Neil, your request should have arrived.
Cheers,
william
-
Had a few requests to see the folio I created so I produced and downloaded an introductory movie using Apple Keynote, iMovie 11 and GarageBand.
http://vimeo.com/16638663
-
Looks great! Thanks for sharing it.
What was your workflow for this? Do you edit your work in LR, or PS? Did you print the folio from PS, or from InDesign, or ...?
-
What was your workflow for this? Do you edit your work in LR, or PS? Did you print the folio from PS, or from InDesign, or ...?
Thanks sailor.
I did DNG image edits in LR and then passed it off to CS5 where I added text, antique ornaments and centered everything. I then saved a Landscape (see below) and Portrait master template with ruler guides so all I had to do was resize an image and drop it in.
Then I print using ImagePrint on a Epson 7900.
It would probably have been a much easier process in Adobe InDesign, but I don't have the software nor do I know how to use it.
(http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/wpalank/Capture1.jpg)
(http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k221/wpalank/Capture2.jpg)