Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: Al DaValle on November 04, 2010, 12:33:48 pm
-
Hello,
I know this is an old topic but I am stuck.
I have connected my 3800 to the back of my Netgear wireless router via an ethernet cable. My MacbookPro sees the printer (I can see via the EpsonNet software that the printer has a Mac address as well as an IP address). But I get a big "RED !" when I attempt to print.
I must be doing something little thing wrong. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
Al DaValle
-
You're not actually printing wirelessly because the printer is connected via an ethernet cable.
I had similar problems initially when I set mine up on my network. Follow the instructions in the book for configuring the port and ensuring the IP address is correct. Using EpsonNet for this makes it simple. Go into the setup menu on the printer itself and make sure the IP addresses match on the printer and in EpsonNet. If they don't, you'll need to update.
-
Bob,
Thanks for the reply. I attempted to do just that but there was no opportunity check/input/view/modify the IP address assigned to the printer by looking within the printer menu itself. The remainder of the printer's Network Set menu was just as described in the manual but there was nothing there when I expected the IP address etc.....it just skipped right on passed it.
Again...I see the IP and MAC addresses in Epson Net but not on the printer itself.
Al
-
Have you enabled network setup from the printer lcd screen?
-
Not sure on the 3800 but it sounds like you are configuring the network interface in auto, you could try it manualy (panel) via the menu on the printer.
-
I tried using the manual mode of "panel". But that didn't work either.
I got the IP address to match what I see in EpsonNet but I'm not sue how to set/validate the "subnet mask" or the "Default gateway" addresses.
The 3800 lcd panel shows:
255.255.000.000 for the subnet mask
and
255.255.255.255 for the default gateway
Any ideas?
Al
-
Have you tried connecting to your network directly thru Bonjour?
-
Al
Your Default Gateway is the same as your IP address but for the last set of numbers, IE. IP address = 192.168.001.050, your Default Gateway would most probably be; 198.168.001.001.
You should try and make the IP address something over and above .010, depending on how many printers you have, go with say #1 = .010, #2 = .020 and so on.
If you look on your router, along with the Serial #, Mac # there should also be the Default Gateway #. The Subnet Mask and Default Gateway should be a continuation of the same menu you put in the IP address.
Hope this helps, if not let me know, Bob.
-
I tried setting the default address as you suggest but it didn't take. It just went back to 255.255.255.255
I do appreciate you ideas!!!
-
I have Bonjour enabled on the printer. What else do I need to do?
Al
-
Al
What is the address on the router? The 255.255.255.255 is not correct I think, sounds like you are not setting it up correctly in manual mode.
-
Have you then gone into system prefrences - Print and Fax window and added the printer via Bonjour thru there?
-
Not sure how to do this. I don't see any reference to Bonjour in the print/fax preference window.
-
The IP address in the printer LCD screen is 169.254.183.085. Is that what you are asking?
-
No, the Default Gateway is the address your router uses to contact you with the outside world. Yours may well be 169.254.183.001 your printer was given the prefix of .085 when you first tried to set it up. I am no expert by a long way but I think that you set up wrong in the first place, something like connecting the printer to the computer in the wrong sequence. You may have to start again which may mean removing all software to do with the printer unless you can manually setup or do the Bonjour thing which I know nothing about. Hope you get it sorted before you hit the bottle!!
To get the Default Gateway Address in Windows go in windows explorer/network, right click your router then properties, then network device tab, the IP address of the router is the default gateway
-
Too late for that!!! I was well into a bottle of single malt even before you were so kind enough to help me out. I wish I could pour you wee bit.
Off to bed!! I'll give this a shot next weekend I guess. I travel this week. I will just have to use old fashioned wire until I get this figured out.
Thanks for all your effort to help me out. That goes for you as well na goodman.
Al
-
Sorry, I just got back in. You may already be off to bed. If you find the time just try adding the printer in the print and fax window by hitting the plus sign and then clicking on the ip icon. You can then put in the ip address if it doesn't show up automatically. I would try that before starting over - like the other poster said, you may have to do that.