Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Landscape & Nature Photography => Topic started by: Glenn Bartley on November 03, 2010, 01:14:11 pm

Title: Chestnut-collared Longspur
Post by: Glenn Bartley on November 03, 2010, 01:14:11 pm
Here's one from this summer in the prairies. These guys can be tough to get up on to a perch. So I was quite pleased to get this one  :D

(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5311/chestnutcollaredlongspu.jpg)

Camera Model: Canon EOS 7D
Shutter speed: 1/500 sec
Aperture: 9
ISO: 200
Focal length: 500mm + 1.4x
Title: Re: Chestnut-collared Longspur
Post by: Lloyd Mayeda on November 03, 2010, 10:23:38 pm
You should indeed be pleased ... an outstanding capture!  Very well done.

He (I assume) seems to be singing his heart out ... but is it not the wrong season to be trying to attract a mate???
Title: Re: Chestnut-collared Longspur
Post by: John R on November 03, 2010, 10:33:51 pm
Wonderful work. The same with your Harlequin Duck. I like this one in particular, not only because the bird is so animated, but also because his colours mimic the brush and to so some extent the background.

JMR