Luminous Landscape Forum

Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Adobe Lightroom Q&A => Topic started by: sniper on November 03, 2010, 04:26:16 am

Title: Fill light bug?
Post by: sniper on November 03, 2010, 04:26:16 am
I'm using LR3 (on win xp pro) and I'm noticing a courious intermittant issue, if I select say 10-20 pics, apply an auto exposure ajustment, ajust colour then add a fill light ajustment sometimes all the ajustments are carried across all (auto sync) except the fill, that'll will miss out the last one or two images on the right, if I make a further fill ajustment it then applies to all.  The images all have identical lighting so it's not the auto trying to compensate.
Any ideas?
Thanks Wayne
Title: Re: Fill light bug?
Post by: madmanchan on November 04, 2010, 11:18:04 am
I've not seen this happen, Wayne. It is more likely to happen when you select a larger group of images?

(I am wondering if there is a sequencing bug in how the Auto is being carried out.)
Title: Re: Fill light bug?
Post by: sniper on November 05, 2010, 07:10:37 am
Generally I don't select very large batches, usually around the 5-20 pics range, but I have noticed that if the thumbnails at the bottom (dev mode) haven't updated by the time I apply fill I get a problem (although it sometimes happens anyway) and it's usually the last one or more to the right that it doesn't apply to (the way the images update?)  I have render on standard, is that the best bet for quick updating?
Thanks Wayne
Title: Re: Fill light bug?
Post by: johannesw on January 22, 2011, 01:42:39 am
Yes, I have same problem. Fill light sometimes does not apply (sync) to all images same way. I thougt there is something wrong with leica X1, but yesterday I notice LR does it also with 1dsmk3, so   >:(  I shoot panoramas, all settings in camera are manual, but after developed in LR, with same settings to all, some images looks different...


Johannes
http://cameratuning.fi/random/
http://cameratuning.fi/x1random/
panoramas
http://virtualtour.fi/sibeliustalo/index4.html
http://www.virtualtour.fi/kaustinen-virtualtour/
Title: Re: Fill light bug?
Post by: johannesw on January 22, 2011, 04:02:02 am
I downloaded Bibble Labs Pro 5 trial, developed, tried fill light and there is not the same problem as in LR. All seems to be fin in BL.