Luminous Landscape Forum

Site & Board Matters => About This Site => Topic started by: John McDermott on November 01, 2010, 11:06:14 pm

Title: Messages
Post by: John McDermott on November 01, 2010, 11:06:14 pm
Why does my header consrtantly show 1 message when there are none in my inbox (or outbox)?
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: mguertin on November 01, 2010, 11:10:59 pm
Why does my header consrtantly show 1 message when there are none in my inbox (or outbox)?

That's a good question ... I haven't seen that behaviour here ... anyone else having this problem?
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: John McDermott on November 02, 2010, 12:13:47 am
Nope. It showed 2 messages and when I read and deleted yours it still shows 1 message.
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: mguertin on November 02, 2010, 02:16:09 pm
Nope. It showed 2 messages and when I read and deleted yours it still shows 1 message.

Should hopefully be solved now, I manually did some database edits.
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: John McDermott on November 02, 2010, 05:46:29 pm
Nope. The 1 message is still there in my header.
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: mguertin on November 04, 2010, 03:53:11 pm
Nope. The 1 message is still there in my header.

I'll look further into this.  This is strange as I literally deleted the couple of message from the database directly.  Have you tried logging out and back in again and/or clearing the cache in your browser?
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: John McDermott on November 04, 2010, 04:26:19 pm
Nope. Tried loging out/loging in and clearing cache. Still there.
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: mguertin on November 04, 2010, 04:27:38 pm
Ok very odd ... stand by, I will dig into this further but it might take a few days to get resolved.
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: John McDermott on November 04, 2010, 04:40:00 pm
No problem. It isn't any big deal, just an "I thought that you'd like to know" kind of thing.
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: fdisilvestro on November 04, 2010, 10:05:56 pm
Hello,

I have the same thing. It says 1 message when there is actually none, but I think I might have an idea of what caused it.

This happened on October 13th, when there was a spam message, similar to a "Nigerian Scam" (I made a comment about it in this forum
Quote
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/forum/index.php?topic=47409.0
)

I think that When Mark took care of that and deleted the messages as an administrator, something was not updated.
Title: Re: Messages
Post by: mguertin on November 04, 2010, 10:36:50 pm
Thanks. That sounds like it would be the problem. I will investigate this avenue and please let me know if it goes away.