Luminous Landscape Forum
Raw & Post Processing, Printing => Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks => Topic started by: cottagehunter on November 01, 2010, 08:34:50 pm
-
I am trying to print a raw pic I took in Munich a 6:45 am in June. It shows nice golden colours in Photoshop and after tweaking it I send it to print on my Epson the print preview that comes up in Photoshop shows the same colours that the image shows on screen but the print preview in Epson shows a preview with the colour tones shifted and muted, this is what comes out of the printer. I want the image that I see in photoshop but can't seem to accomplish this. My monitor is profiled as shown by the colours showing up in both preview screens I have set the colour preferences in Photoshop to Pro photo RGB and a gamma of 2.2. How can I overcome this issue?
-
Turn off the epson print preview, this always double color manages images.
-
I use Epson's Print Preview every time to see how the image is oriented on the page. This never causes double color management of the file.
-
Somebody must have thoughts on this? ??? :'(
-
You need to give us all your settings for PS and the driver, so we can see your colour workflow.
The Epson Print Preview is not colour managed, so if you're using a correct colour workflow and ICC profiles, the Epson Preview should look wrong. The fact that your prints look like the Epson preview suggests a problem in your colour workflow.
So, if you post all your settings, we can probably spot where the problem is.
-
Phil don't know what exactly you are asking for in photoshop settings as I have said my color settings are RGB: Pro Photo ,CMYK: U>S web coated (swop) V2, Gray: Grey Gamma 2.2 , Spot: Dot gain 20% , RGB, CMYK, Grey:: preserve embeded profiles, Conversion options: Engine Adobe ACE, Intent: Perceptual. The photoshop print preview dialogue shows Color Management: Document , Color handling: Photoshop manages colors, Printer profiles: working rgb pro photo, Rendering intent: Perceptual, Black point Compensation is checked.
In the Epson preferences I have borderless, print preview and landscape checked, In color management I have selected ICM and checked the check box no color adjustment. Don't know if this is the information you were requesting if it's not please tell me what you require
Pierre
-
Yep, that's what I was after (and more).
The problem I reckon is that you have selected in Photoshop your printer profile as "working rgb pro photo". You need to choose the profile that matches your printer and paper.
-
Phil: Thanks a lot that corrected my problem. I have been trying several things over the past few days and was at wits end. What happened was 3 weeks ago I had a C: drive failure and I had to format a new disk install windows run through all the updates install all my programs and I guess in the confusion I set the wrong settings. Anyway thanks for the help. :) :o :-[
Pierre
-
You're most welcome and I'm glad that it's all working for you now :-)