Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Cameras, Lenses and Shooting gear => Topic started by: nilo on November 01, 2010, 02:44:15 am
-
I want to pick up an additional Acute2 1200. My experience with the acutes is almost limited to the old acute12 I still use as backup, and the w/s output accuracy from shot to shot is quite loose for this old machine (+-2/10 of stop). I would greatly appreciate if anybody could quickly tell me the accuracy of his acute2 1200 in 1/10 of a stop.
many thanks in advance
kind regards
nino
EDIT: ProPhoto to ProFoto :D
-
hmmm... nobody uses acute2 1200s here?
-
Maybe I made a mistake? I should have asked about CONSISTENCY from shot to shot?
-
I have a couple of Acute 2 1200s. One is several years old and has had a lot of use. The other one is 6 months old and has had little use. Both are very consistent across the range of power output. I shoot architectural work and people. I never had issues with shot to shot consistency that are a problem.
If your old pack was recapped you'd probably find it was more consistent.
-
I have a couple of Acute 2 1200s. One is several years old and has had a lot of use. The other one is 6 months old and has had little use. Both are very consistent across the range of power output. I shoot architectural work and people. I never had issues with shot to shot consistency that are a problem.
If your old pack was recapped you'd probably find it was more consistent.
Thank you K.C. for your insight! It seams like this old acute unite could use a recap, but than how much will that cost...
regards
nino
-
i find the acute 1200 fairly consistent, but not as dead on as my D4's for output or color...I bet compared to most they are really tight.
-
Thank you K.C. for your insight! It seams like this old acute unite could use a recap, but than how much will that cost...
regards
nino
Hi Nino,
aging flash capacitors loose part of their "storage ability", this will usually not affect flash consistency but general output. (As far as I know the Acutes do not use "rotating flash capacitors") If you find the consistency performance of your pack worse than other units of the same type the voltage regulation may be defective. This must not be expensive to repair. I have no experience with this pack but I expect nearly half stop variation to be out of tolerance. I suggest to contact a dealer / repair station.
Cheers, Ulf