Luminous Landscape Forum
Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: chiek on October 29, 2010, 07:38:18 am
-
Electric controlled by H body. Aperture and shutter speed.
additionally, It can shot Multishot via phocus, That's why I making this systems.
(http://chiek.co.kr/list/revol_getimg.php?id=blog&no=23&num=0&fc=d41d8cd98f00b204e9800998ecf8427e)
HTS system only works in HC28,35,50,80,100 but my system has no limitations.
Very easy focusing through phocus live view mode (100% enlaging).
I'm looking forward to create newer images via this system. ;-)
details below...
http://chiek.co.kr/list/zboard.php?id=blog&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=23 (http://chiek.co.kr/list/zboard.php?id=blog&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=23)
-
HTS system only works in HC28,35,50,80,100 but my system has no limitations.
Yes, and this configuration is optically superior too (no added optics, light loss, etc). Nice. Just not so portable.
-
Electric controlled by H body. Aperture and shutter speed.
additionally, It can shot Multishot via phocus,
I thought they made the HTS because none of the Hasselblad digital lenses had enough image circle for a glass-less adapter like the Flexbody... some of them do not even cover 41* 54mm!
The MTF charts show that the 50-110 is useless much beyond 6*6 at 50mm, but looks promising at 110mm f8... which you have tested.
Have you investigated any of the other lenses?
You would not get full advantage of the DAC with a shifted lens... and they do not do DAC for shifted Zeiss lenses on the Flexbody... I look forward to seeing some pictures.
I did it the simple, but expensive, way... and bought a set of apo-digitars
-
Good point about the image circles. The original poster will be able to test the limits for himself now.
-
Yes, Dick.
from MTF, useful 50mm image circle is 60mm x 60mm. I think It is enough to 50mm focal length for 49x37mm back.
and only HCD28 has 60mm image circle, All other HC lenses cover 645 film size. (56x42mm and more?)
my major is product shot. I'm mainly using HC50-110, 150, sometimes 35.
110 and 150mm lens are large image circle than 49x37mm back.
I have rodenstock digital (sinaron digital) 35, 60HR, 100HR . but non electric shutters.
IQ between HC lenses and sinaron digital.... HC with MS shot better than sinaron digital with oneshot.
It has no difference between HC with 1shot and sinaron 1shot. Only difference is color feeling?
That's why I made it.
no DAC... I know but same system (H1+50-110) and other back (my older leaf 22MPx, Phase 39MPx - no DAC control) made superior images.
-
Chiek, you're an amazingly inventive guy!
Kumar
-
Chiek, you're an amazingly inventive guy!
Kumar
Thanks, Kumar.
If you visit Korea, Please let me know. I'm happy to talk photo equipments.. ;)
-
Chiek, did you make a cable to enable the HC lens to communicate with the body? Can you share how you made this cable?
-
Chiek, did you make a cable to enable the HC lens to communicate with the body? Can you share how you made this cable?
I would imagine you take an extension tube, cut it in half and extend the wires... you could use the one end of it to attach the camera to the stand/tripod assembly.
-
I would imagine you take an extension tube, cut it in half and extend the wires... you could use the one end of it to attach the camera to the stand/tripod assembly.
yes, that's right, Dick.
My web blog goes down because of too many visitors...
It may recover after 30 minutes.
Thanks for interest.
-
The HTS increases image circle at the expense of factoring a 1.5X focal length increase on the HC lenses that it accepts. It is a decent portable solution. But, like any tool, it has it's strengths and weaknesses.
-
@chiek You are really inventive!!!
Can you post larger images of your mod? Love to see them!!!
Thanks!!! zenny
*** http://www.thehumanape.org ***
*** http://www.onelifephotos.com/drbista ***
-
Cool idea, reminds me of what PK in Italy made a few years ago:
PK POLIFEMO (http://www.pk-digital.it/polifemo.asp) It can be used with any back but as these lenses were not designed to be shifted and/ or tilted the image quality is somewhat compromised...
-
Cool idea, reminds me of what PK in Italy made a few years ago:
PK POLIFEMO (http://www.pk-digital.it/polifemo.asp) It can be used with any back but as these lenses were not designed to be shifted and/ or tilted the image quality is somewhat compromised...
wow, very similar!!! and what a price!!! 3200euro... about US$4.5K.
in a joke, I can make it 1/3rd price of polifemo. anyone interest??? ;D
I've tested 50-110 and 150HC. both lenses produced very high quality image when tilt/shifted.
I think when we use over 100mm focal length, we can make excellent images when shifted. search HC lens MTF.
-
I keep looking around to see what is my options to have some movements for my H4D-60, i don't want to get that HTS because it is limited, and also i was asking about technical camera but seems no one answered me and i feel i have to have that open digital back such as Phase One or LEaf and not closed system of Hasseblad H, and this thread making me to think that i may get closer to what i really look for, so dudes, keep doing something creative and i will be interested in something.
-
I had my HTS system multishot test today.
HC150mm test... fully swing within it's image circle.
(MS shot) F4.5, 1.3sec, swing angle 12.5
(http://chiek.co.kr/list/revol_getimg.php?id=blog&no=24&num=3&fc=b503553cb4c43980798ef3058e384d2e)
unfortunately, HC150 has not big image circle, about under 100mm, because of lens design.
please visit my blog and look carefully it,
http://chiek.co.kr/list/zboard.php?id=blog&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=24 (http://chiek.co.kr/list/zboard.php?id=blog&page=1&sn1=&divpage=1&sn=off&ss=on&sc=on&select_arrange=headnum&desc=asc&no=24)
superior optical quality in F4.5 !
-
I keep looking around to see what is my options to have some movements for my H4D-60, i don't want to get that HTS because it is limited, and also i was asking about technical camera but seems no one answered me and i feel i have to have that open digital back such as Phase One or LEaf and not closed system of Hasseblad H, and this thread making me to think that i may get closer to what i really look for, so dudes, keep doing something creative and i will be interested in something.
I think we should have a forum for Medium Format Digital View cameras... but see "Tech Camera advice" on the Medium format and Large sensor forum.
-
very intereting. I am also keen to look for a solution to do tilt/shift for macros mainly. HTS doesn't do the trick for me, as the macro 120 lens is not usable, and the tilt is insufficient for the depth of focus I need. Would love a solution like what is proposed by cheik...though the elegance of the Italian solution is nice.
btw, cheik, I know its me, but suspect not...your blog and pics load very slowly.
-
btw, cheik, I know its me, but suspect not...your blog and pics load very slowly.
Hi. pchong, not cheik, CHIEK... ;)
Because of too many visitors, my web blog has traffic over. so I recovered but slow... I think It's OK now. sorry~
Lens vignetting test shot
front 10mm Rise, swing 12.5
Rear 10mm Fall, swing 5
-
Lens vignetting test shot
HC 150mm F4.0 1/4sec multishot
front 10mm Rise, swing 12.5
Rear 10mm Fall, swing 5
more cropped, because attachment size over...
I think,
1. HC lenses are not designed for movements, as Yair comments. so Hasselblad make HTS 1.5x converter for more image circle.
2. Many HC lenses have 80~90mm image circle, even 50-110, because of lens design. I think a position of shutter and rear lens.
3. Excellent Image quality in IMAGE CIRCLE, especially aperture open. even edges, sharpness very good.
4. Recommend to still-life photographer who feel the lack of TS, but Image circle has limited.
-
Excellent! Very cool idea.
-
Hi. pchong, not cheik, CHIEK... ;)
Very sorry...thousand apologies, Chiek.