Luminous Landscape Forum

Equipment & Techniques => Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography => Topic started by: marcel b on October 29, 2010, 05:26:06 am

Title: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: marcel b on October 29, 2010, 05:26:06 am
I work with capture one with may leaf files for quite a while now (aptus 65) - yesterday I had an issue for the first time: some of the landscape format images appeared as portrait format, cropped, with a black mask at the bottom...

anybody else ever had this problem or suggestions to get around?

best regards,
marcel
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: ced on October 29, 2010, 09:26:34 am
Just wonder if the shots were made at a tilted angle forward/backward and that the auto orientation failed, you can force the orientation when this happens by choosing the appropriate rotation or in the software or on the back...
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: marcel b on October 29, 2010, 12:16:22 pm
it's not an orientation problem, it's a bug with capture one, the preview window shows the image like it should be, in landscape, but in single view mode it looks, like the pixels on the right part of the image are put below the image to fill a portrait format. also tried to develop, because I thought, it's only a display problem - but it stays that way.
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: JonathanBenoit on October 29, 2010, 12:52:23 pm
I had this problem as well. So I stuck with Leaf Capture. I didnt have the db for very long, so I didnt really put much effort into solving the problem. It is a very weird/serious issue.
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: yaya on October 29, 2010, 05:59:09 pm
I work with capture one with may leaf files for quite a while now (aptus 65) - yesterday I had an issue for the first time: some of the landscape format images appeared as portrait format, cropped, with a black mask at the bottom...

anybody else ever had this problem or suggestions to get around?

best regards,
marcel

Sounds like a preview/proxies issue;
Go into your capture folder from the finder, then inside the CaptureOne folder you'll see Cache>Proxies. Delete all the .cof and .cop files, then relaunch C1 and navigate back to your Capture folder.

If that doesn't help then I would suggest submitting a support case on our website with all the relevant info

HTH

yair
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: marcel b on October 30, 2010, 03:10:05 am
thanks a lot yair, I will try this later today
best regards,
marcel
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: marcel b on November 02, 2010, 06:59:27 am
hi yair,
unfortunately this didn't work, too. it's two images in the whole folder, in leaf capture they apear like they should, the preview in C1 is fine, but after deleting the mentioned files, the problem stays the same.

best regards,
marcel
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: marcel b on November 02, 2010, 07:17:16 am
found a solution right now: coppied the file to a new folder, opened it in c1 and everything's fine again.
btw: after deleting the files in the cache folder, much more images apeared wrong...
Title: Re: Capture one - leaf files problem
Post by: BrettMoen on November 02, 2010, 10:29:25 pm
I had the same thing happen to me a few weeks ago with me Leaf II-5
B-!